Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Please Take Notice:
There will be a regular meeting of the City Council at 6:00 P.M. on Monday, April 20, 2020. The meeting will be held electronically due to COVID-19 precautions, per Executive Order 2020-15 (COVID-19). Public participation is encouraged. There is no fee or registration requirement to attend electronically.
PARTICIPATING IN CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS IN CONFORMANCE
WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING REQUIREMENTS
In order to minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the City of Iron Mountain is providing multiple alternatives to viewing Council meetings and providing comments on items on the agenda. These alternatives allow the City to adhere to social distancing requirements, follow the Governor’s Executive Order 2020-15 (which suspends certain requirements of the Open Meetings Act), and provide a way for the public to provide public comment live during the meeting.
SUBMITTING COMMENTS BY E-MAIL If you choose not to attend the City Council meeting but wish to make a comment on a specific agenda item, please submit your comment via email by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, April 20, 2020 at email@example.com.
VIRTUAL PARTICIPATION BY ZOOM VIDEO CONFERENCING The City of Iron Mountain is now offering the ability to view and participate in Council meetings via video meetings and telephonic conferencing via “Zoom” video conferencing computer technology. Instructions for participating via Zoom are provided below.
How do I join the City Council meeting via Zoom Video Conferencing?
Please visit: https://zoom.us/j/7319744809 and either sign-up for a free Zoom account or continue as a guest. Once you have downloaded the app on your smart phone, joined from your web browser, or downloaded the Zoom software on your computer you will be ready for the Council meeting on April 20, 2020 at 6pm. If you have previously signed up for Zoom, you can enter the following meeting ID to join the meeting: 731-974-4809
I don’t have a computer or smartphone; can I still use Zoom?
If you don’t have a smart phone or computer to access the meeting via Zoom, no problem! You can participate on the phone, by calling 1-312-626-6799 and entering meeting ID 731-974-4809.
How can I provide Public Comment on Zoom?
Mayor Alessandrini will request public comment during the Public Comment periods on the agenda and during each Public Hearing. Once Mayor Alessandrini has announced the public comment period, please do one of the following.
USING A COMPUTER OR SMART PHONE:
• Click on the “Raise Hand” feature in the “Manage Participants”. This will notify City staff that you have raised your hand.
• City staff will unmute your microphone when it is your turn to provide public comment.
• A prompt will appear to confirm you would like to be unmuted. Once you accept the prompt, you will have five minutes to provide public comment.
• Once your public comment has ended, you will be muted again.
USING A REGULAR PHONE:
• Dial *9 (star 9), this will notify City staff that you have “raised your hand” for public comment.
• You will hear “you are unmuted” and then you will have five minutes to provide public comment.
I am having difficulties preparing for the meeting and learning Zoom, do you have any resources to help me?
Yes, please visit Zoom’s website support page on helpful tips to prepare for the meeting: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/201146643
Regular Meeting of the City Council, City of Iron Mountain, County of Dickinson, Michigan to be held on Monday, April 20, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. electronically.
I. Roll Call
II. Approval of Agenda
III. Approval of Minutes
1. Minutes of the Regular Meeting of April 6, 2020
IV. Public Comment (5 minute limit)
V. Old Business
VI. New Business
1. Bid Opening Re : 2020 Paving
2. Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Plan
3. Approval of Parking Lot Closure Re: Farmer’s Market
4. Authorization to Purchase Portable 800 mhz Radios Re: Police Department
5. Approval of Engineering Re: Lehman Ave.
6. Discuss Utility Bill Penalty Waiver
7. Adoption of Special Assessment Resolution Re: Utility Fees and Rental Inspections
1. Financial Reports
i. March Payroll & 03/12/2020-04/15/2020 Claims
ii. Informational Only
a. Medicare Taxes in the amount of $3,284.78 were paid in March
b. Social Security Taxes in the amount of $6,826.32 were paid in March
c. An Automated MERS invoice in the amount of $65,561.24 took place on 03/17/2020
2. City Manager Reports
3. City Attorney Reports
4. Committee Reports
VIII. Public Comment (5 minute limit)
IX. Council Member Privilege
If you have questions, concerns or require disability accommodations contact City Hall at (906)774-8530 Monday through Friday between 8:00 Am and 4:00 PM or email firstname.lastname@example.org.